High-Quality Lesson Design
eMINTS believes that the best teaching and learning take place in classrooms where teachers value self-directed learning. Through the use of high-quality instructional and assessment strategies, teachers have the opportunity to create the kinds of lessons that are designed to meet the needs of learners.
7. Self-directed Learners: Educator equips learners to become self-directed learners.
8. Assessment: Educator uses varied assessments (formative and summative) aligned to standards (process, content, technology).
9. Instructional Decision-making: Educator makes instructional decisions based on data from formative and summative assessments.
10. Diverse Learners: The educator’s day-to-day practices address the diverse needs and characteristics of all learners.
11. Authentic Lessons: Educator constructs authentic, engaging, learner-centered units of study based on standards.